VP doesn't load project since last update

Since tehe last update a few days ago I have updatet from 7.1 Build x to 7.1 Build 20091017.

Two things have changed:

• With each start I was asked If I want to change the
    menu language to german (I am German, but I prefer the english menu).

• The program doesn’t load my projects anymore. When I try to load it,
    nothing happens. The program is still usable, but nothing is loaded. And
    when I click “Exit” nothing happens: I have to kill the Task.

• Even newly created projects can’t be opened.

What’s the problem here?

I am using a 30 Days trial version (Since accountants’ department hasn’t OKed the expense by now). Has this anything to dio with it?

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. In latest build, if user’s language is German, Spanish, French, Japanese, Polish, Korean or Chinese (Traditional or Simplified), it will ask user whether to switch the user interface to their language only if user starts the application with a new workspace. Once you make a choice, it will not prompt you again with the same workspace and you need to manually change the user interface language at Tools > Options > General > Appearance.

About loading your project, could you please open the Diagram Navigator (if you cannot see it, please select View > Panes > Diagram Navigator to open it), expand the diagram type node and double-click on the diagram name and see if the diagram can be opened?

If the diagram cannot be opened, would you please attach your project file as well as the vp.log (inside VPSuite/bin folder) for checking? Thanks in advance

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,

problem solved.

You wrote that the switch-language-question would anot be asked if had chosen a permanent workspace. But I had chosen a permanent one and the question was still beeing asked every time. So I deleted the workspace via windows explorer and: voila, everything is working fine. It seems that the update did break something in my workspace-files.

Thank you very much!
Heiner

Hi Heiner,

It’s great that you solved the problem. Feel free to let us know if there is anything we can help again.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong