VP for UML 5.1 Look&Feel problem

Problem descr: UI is not refreshing properly with all L&F except Metal.
Configuration: VP4UML 5.1 ( Build 20051118 ) CE/Win XP SP2 (Ru, cp1251)/JRE 1.5.0_05/

vp4uml_ui.JPG

Dear Vasiliy,

Thank you for reporting your finding.

Could you please send me the following files for testing?

1. vp.log under %VP Suite_HOME%/bin
  2. Your workspace (e.g. C:/Documents and Settings/Administrator/.vpworkspace)

If you are unclear about how to locate the files above, please read:
http://uml.visual-paradigm.com/uml/Questions_and_Answers/2005-11/Locating_Log_File_and_Workspace_Directory

Thanks a lot.

Secondly, could you please run the app. through command line and include the following as parameter?
-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

The batch file that contains the required script is named VP-UML.bat and placed under %VP Suite_HOME%/bin

Please let me know about the status. Thank you very much.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hello,

Actually, I found the source of my problem - it was in my WinXP visual
style. I set default XP visual style and UI began working fine.

Here is a couple of lines from vp.log:
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
java.lang.NullPointerException: Colors cannot be null
at java.awt.GradientPaint.(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsInternalFrameTitlePane.paintTitleBackground(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.java.swing.plaf.windows.WindowsInternalFrameTitlePane.paintComponent(Unknown Source)

Best Regards,
Vasiliy

PS: I have made translation of UI to Russian, so can you add it to the distribution?

Dear Vasiliy,

Glad to know that the GUI is now working properly. Thank you for sharing the status.

Could you please tell me what was the visual style that caused the problem? I tested with the default themes but was unable reproduce the problem as you have. Apart from this, would you mind sending me the whole log file? The log you provided below is helpful, but a full log could help us better identify all problems associating with that visual style.

PS: I have made translation of UI to Russian, so can you add it to the distribution?

Thank you for your contribution to the translation task. Could you please send me the translated language file? We will process it for you.
My email: jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best Regards,
Jick

Hello Vasiliy,

If you have time, could you please send me your translated language file?

By the way, regarding to the problem with look and feel, I was informed that the problem can likely be solved by replacing the JRE we bundled with JRE 1.4. That means you may keep using your original WinXP style. If necessary, I could explain to you how to run VP-UML with JRE 1.4.

Best Regards,
Jick