VP has stopped producing C++ files for certain classes, how to find out what is going wrong?

Hi all,

I’ve been generating C++ files from my class model and VP has suddenly stopped producing files for some of the classes. However, the code generation process still appears to run without issue. Is there a log file somewhere on disk that will give me a hint as to what is going wrong?

I’m running VP 15.2 on macOS Mojave.

Thank you,
Shane

To answer my own question, the log file location on MacOS is:

~/Library/Application Support/VisualParadigm/vp.log

The following error is repeated several times in the log when I generate C++ sources:

[2019/02/05 09:22:34] [error] java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index 0 out-of-bounds for length 0
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBounds(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.outOfBoundsCheckIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.base/jdk.internal.util.Preconditions.checkIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.Objects.checkIndex(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
at v.gk.g.a(:25)
at v.gk.h.a(:33)
at v.gw.c.a(:838)
at v.gw.c.a(:418)
at v.gw.c.a(:367)
at v.gw.c.a(:651)
at v.gw.c.a(:569)
at v.gs.b.a(:96)
at v.gr.b.a(:155)
at v.gr.a.c(:157)
at v.gh.a.a(:111)
at v.ha.a.b(:199)
at v.byt.d.run(:34)

[2019/02/05 09:22:34] [warning] v.gu.dt: Parse error at line 3, column 81. Encountered: (
at v.gu.di.bd(:13559)
at v.gu.di.bG(:13507)
at v.gu.di.e(:3104)
at v.gu.di.j(:648)
at v.gu.di.f(:315)
at v.gu.di.d(:165)
at v.gw.j.a(:45)
at v.gs.c.a(:34)
at v.gs.b.a(:540)
at v.gs.b.a(:397)
at v.gs.b.a(:159)
at v.gr.b.a(:155)
at v.gr.a.c(:157)
at v.gh.a.a(:111)
at v.ha.a.b(:199)
at v.byt.d.run(:34)

Can anyone from VP tell me what’s going on and how to fix it? I can give you the vpp file if that makes reproducing the issue easier.

Hi Shane,

There should be 2 problems:

1. Operation’s template parameter missing type in model, it was fixed to handle this case and will be available in next hotfix.
  2. VP failed to parse a file. Can you find error message in message pane? There should be an error “Error synchronizing to implementation file:” showing the file name, problem at around line 3 “(” character.

Hi Shane,

I would like to let you know the first problem mentioned by Kit (fail to handle code generation when operation’s template parameter missing type) problem has been fixed. Please update the software to latest patch build (20190230bg or later) to get the problem fixed. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

1 Like