VP not remembering preferences

I am trying to evaluate VP for UML. All in all it seems like a very useful tool. However, I have a couple of things that are bothering me:

1. I am forced to choose whether I want the classic or the dockable look and feel every time I restart the app. Once I choose, it would be nice if VP would remember the selection and not pester me every time.

2. I work primarily on my Mac, so I set the application option to use the Aqua look and feel. However, this setting is not remembered when I restart the app. I have to go in and change the option every time I start the app.

Any way of making VP remember my preferences?

Thanks

Dear Tim,

VP-UML should remember those preferences you mentioned. It looks like there are problem occurs when VP-UML trying the save them. Can you please attach the vp.log file so that we can find out the reason? Thank you.

Regards,

Antony.

Strangely enough, the problem seems to have suddenly fixed itself. I did get a copy of the log file before I tried it again today, and the log file seems to have lots of exception stack traces in it… I’m attaching the log file for your analysis.

As of right now I can not reproduce the problem (although it was happening regularly for several days)
vp copy.log

Hi Tim,

I had the same problem. The preferences are available permanently only when you quit the application by the menu item “Exit” from the “File” menu. But, when using “Apple+Q”, VP forgets the preferences.

Smotie

Dear Tim,

I guess what Smotie said is the reason VP-UML cannot save the preferences, because there is no exceptions related to this in the log file. We will investigate the problem and fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Antony.

Dear Smotie,

Thank you for providing this useful information (“Apple+Q” problem).

Regards,

Antony.