VP says licence key is invalid and exits

Hi,

I have downloaded the newest version of VP UML community Edition. It is showing up as version 5.1.

After installing, I tried to launch it. Up comes a page which requests my license key. It displays the license key I got from VP, which shows as being version 5.2, and says valid. When I click close, the window appears again as before. When I click close a second time, then a window appears saying that the license is invalid, and the program exits.

When I click “request key”, then I am again taken to a page whcih tells me “UML 5.2 Community Edition is sent to .”

2 possible reasons for the failure that I can see:

1. VP expects a 5.1 key, but I am giving it a 5.2 -> where do I get a 5.1 key?
  2. In the column expiry date on the license window there is just a blank space -> can this be causing the problem?

Thanks for your help.

System infos:
Mac OS X 10.4.4
java version "1.4.2_09"
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_09-232)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.4.2-54, mixed mode)

Hi user,

Probably the version and/or the edition of product does not match with the key. Could you please send me a screenshot of your license key manager?

Best Regards,
Jick

I think it is probably because the version number is wrong, but this is the only key I could download on the website!

Thanks,
Jennifer

Picture 1.png

Hi Jennifer,

According to the screenshot, the tool is in version 5.1 while the key is available for version 5.2. Therefore, please download and reinstall the latest version. You can download from the download page at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/

If there are any questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi
l have same problem as Anonymous can anyone help me?

Hi user,

Most likely the problem is caused by a mismatch of edition. Please confirm if the edition you are using matches with the edition your license key is available for. If you are not clear, please send me a screenshot of the License Key Manager.

Best Regards,
Jick