VP-SDE Error in IntelliJ when opening VP

Hello

I use Windows 11, IntelliJ Ultimate 2021.3.2 and Visual Paradigm 16.3.

I’m trying to open/start VP in IntelliJ. I already installed the IntelliJ integration via VP and that was succesfully installed. When I try to open the VP Integration in IntelliJ, I get this error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at v.dbt.c.a(:98)
at v.dbt.x.b(:320)
at v.dbt.x.a(:208)
at v.dcl.b.a(:48)
at v.dat.c.a(:43)
at v.dat.c.actionPerformed(:29)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.lambda$performActionDumbAwareWithCallbacks$4(ActionUtil.java:244)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.performDumbAwareWithCallbacks(ActionUtil.java:265)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.performActionDumbAwareWithCallbacks(ActionUtil.java:244)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter.lambda$performAction$0(ActionMenuItem.java:277)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.FocusManagerImpl.runOnOwnContext(FocusManagerImpl.java:236)
at com.intellij.openapi.wm.impl.IdeFocusManagerImpl.runOnOwnContext(IdeFocusManagerImpl.java:67)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter.performAction(ActionMenuItem.java:269)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem$ActionTransmitter.actionPerformed(ActionMenuItem.java:284)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.AbstractButton.fireActionPerformed(AbstractButton.java:1967)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem.lambda$fireActionPerformed$2(ActionMenuItem.java:111)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.TransactionGuardImpl.performUserActivity(TransactionGuardImpl.java:94)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.impl.ActionMenuItem.fireActionPerformed(ActionMenuItem.java:111)
at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI.doClick(BegMenuItemUI.java:541)
at com.intellij.ui.plaf.beg.BegMenuItemUI$MyMouseInputHandler.mouseReleased(BegMenuItemUI.java:571)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processMouseEvent(Component.java:6654)
at java.desktop/javax.swing.JComponent.processMouseEvent(JComponent.java:3345)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.processEvent(Component.java:6419)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.processEvent(Container.java:2263)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEventImpl(Component.java:5029)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2321)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4861)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.retargetMouseEvent(Container.java:4918)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.processMouseEvent(Container.java:4547)
at java.desktop/java.awt.LightweightDispatcher.dispatchEvent(Container.java:4488)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Container.dispatchEventImpl(Container.java:2307)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Window.dispatchEventImpl(Window.java:2790)
at java.desktop/java.awt.Component.dispatchEvent(Component.java:4861)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:778)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:727)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(EventQueue.java:721)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:95)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:751)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue$5.run(EventQueue.java:749)
at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.base/java.security.ProtectionDomain$JavaSecurityAccessImpl.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:85)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:748)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.defaultDispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:891)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchMouseEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:820)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue._dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:757)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.lambda$dispatchEvent$6(IdeEventQueue.java:447)
at com.intellij.openapi.progress.impl.CoreProgressManager.computePrioritized(CoreProgressManager.java:818)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.lambda$dispatchEvent$7(IdeEventQueue.java:446)
at com.intellij.openapi.application.impl.ApplicationImpl.runIntendedWriteActionOnCurrentThread(ApplicationImpl.java:805)
at com.intellij.ide.IdeEventQueue.dispatchEvent(IdeEventQueue.java:498)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:203)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:124)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:113)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:109)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)
at java.desktop/java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:90)

Hi jobbedf,

Thank you for your post. Unfortunately, we are unable to repeat the problem you described. Would you mind sending me your log file for checking? You can export log file by performing the steps below:

1. In IntelliJ IDEA, select Help > About Visual Paradigm from the main menu.

2. In the popup window, click on Export Log File at the bottom right.

3. Upload the file produced to the following place, and post a reply here to let me know.

URL: ownCloud
Password: s32uisdnkghk21bjk

Note: Only Visual Paradigm staff can access the file you uploaded.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Dear Jick,

Thank you for your response but I am unable to go to the About VP because every time I click on it, the same error that I sent earlier pops up.

Beste regards,
jobbedf

Hi Jobbedf,

Thank you for your post. Could you visit the following folder, and zip all files in .log file extension?
%userprofile%/AppData/Roaming/VisualParadigm

If you don’t find the folder above, please check:
%userprofile%/AppData/Local/VisualParadigm

Note: AppData is a hidden folder.

The upload link above is probably expired. I’ve prepared a new one:

URL: ownCloud
Password: ji34njasc5njbv

Best regards,
Jick Yeung