VP_Suite4.1 and Eclipse Gallileo not working

Hello,

at the end of last week i tried to install and run VP_Suite 4.1 on an ubuntu linux 9.04 on a 64bit maschine.
The Installation succeeded but when i try to create a diagram in an helloworld c++ project it freezes eclipse completly.

Today i tried the same on a ubuntu 9.10 32 but mschine, but i got the same error.

Is there a fix for this or am i doing something wrong ?

thx
Dominik Meyer

Hi Dominik Meyer,

Thanks for your message. May I know whether you are using Eclipse CDT?
If so, could you please try installing on Eclipse JDT and see if you have the same problem?

Look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I have a similar problem on Ubuntu 9.10 x64 with VP_Suite4.2. I selected “Open SDE-EC” option in context menu. Clicked OK button in the Project Structure dialog freezes the Eclipse completely. I can close them only by the kill command.

Thanks for any help

Hi Whirlwind,

Thanks for your post and we are sorry about the problem. Would you mind to attach the following information for us to take a look? Thanks in advance!

1. vp.log file in working directory of Eclipse
  2. .log file in %eclipse_workspace%/.metadata folder
  3. Eclipse configuration details (in About dialog of Eclipse) - please save it as .txt file to attach it when you reply.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi LilianWong,

My previous post was lost :frowning:
All the logs are attached.

Thanks for your help!
vp.log
eclipse-config.txt
log.no_ext

Hi LilianWong,

I installed VP_Suite as root because my Eclipse installation located in /usr/lib. May it be helpful.
All the logs attached.

I thank you for the help.
All the best.
log.no_ext
vp.log
eclipse-config.txt

Hi Whirlwind,

Thanks for replying with the files. I’ve forwarded the details to our engineers to check, and I’ll come back to you once there is any feedback.

By the way, you said your post was lost, but actually is because you posted reply without login. All posts from Anonymous will need to wait for moderated - and it’s now on this forum topic!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Whirlwind,

Our engineers checked your log files and found that you are using OpenJDK. Please try to use bundled JRE to run Eclipse (by the following command) and see if the problem can be solved?

cp -r $VP_Suite_Dir\jre $Eclispe_Dir

I look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi LilianWong

Sorry for the later response. I tried VP-UML and found it much more usable for me.

Thanks.

HI Whirlwind,

Thanks for replying. May I know whether you tried using Sun JDK?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi LilianWong,

No, I did not use JDK, included in VP Suite because I have no jre folder in the Eclipse folder. I have not been assured that copying jre from VP_Suite into my Eclipse folder will not spoil my Eclipse installation. It is more important for me.

Best regards!

Hi Whirlwind,

Thanks for replying and I hope you enjoy standalone VP-UML!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong