VP-UML and BP-VA integration

Ok for sure i am missing something here. But what I try to do is using both VP-UML and BP-VA.

The plan is to do BPMN and than move to UML so what I like to see is the BP-VA models in the model tree of VP-UML so I can use the power of drilling down.

Eg use the BPMN models as context diagrams and than introduce use cases to do the nitty gritty.

I was hoping that the files would be backwards compatible between the apps.

Hi Henk,

The project file is compatible between products. That means, you can open in VP-UML a project created in BP-VA. However, diagrams and models that are not supported by the running tool will not appear in the tool. Let me give an example, you can draw Sequence Diagram in VP-UML, but not in BP-VA. So, you can open in BP-VA a project saved in VP-UML that contains a Sequence Diagram, but you will not be able to access the Sequence Diagram.

By the way, VP-UML Enterprise Edition supports BPMN.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick

[quote=Jick]Hi Henk,

By the way, VP-UML Enterprise Edition supports BPMN.

Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

That’s a steep premium for an extra notation! For those who just want to define requirements, and not get into code, couldn’t there be an option to extend the modeler edition??

Ian

Hi ianhb,

You may consider our new product - Agilian.

Agilian lets you draw all diagrams - UML, Business Process modeling, data modeling, requirements. I guess this may suite your need. For details, please read:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/ag/

Best regards,
Jick

Ok what is the catch?

I had a look at this product, but decided to get VP-UML (as I had that) and BP-VA.

Now it looks like this product will do the same as both previously.

Are the models compatible (eg i can open a AGILE model in VP-UML etc?)

Thanks.

Hi Henk,

The project files are compatible for different Visual Paradigm products. That means, you can open in VP-UML a project saved in Agilian.

For Agilian, you can think in a way that, it is equals to the Standard Edition of VP-UML, ‘minus’ those code engineering features, ‘plus’ diagram types that are not supported by the Standard Edition of VP-UML.

Best regards,
Jick

Moved the discussion to the Agilian section :slight_smile: