VP-UML bugs and annoyances

Hi - I just started using VP-UML EE 6.3 on an Apple OS 10.5.4. I’ve run into a few bugs and annoyances and this seemed like the best place to put them:

• Diagram windows do not fill the document area, leaving a 10 to 15 pixel area of dead space area the diagram, even when maximized.

• Improvement to Diagram Tabs: Rather then using the Multi-Document style of windows, use the style used in Eclipse, where no title bar is added for each individual document, and its possible to close the tabs from an ‘X’ that is overlaid on the individual tabs. Comparing how multiple documents are handled in Eclipse vs how they are handled in VP, its pretty clear that the screen space could be used more efficiently.

• Full Screen Improvement: Do not show the tabs or the ‘Close full screen’ options so full screen editing is truly full screen for a diagram. Consolidate these options into one menu bar that is only visible when the user moves the mouse to the top edge of the screen (similar to how the dock hides and reappears in OS X).

• Reverse DDL fails on “DROP TABLE IF EXISTS “alertmessage”;” with this message: [11:39:59] [Error] Fail to reverse MS SQL database DDL: /… /nrtwq_ansi.sql. Parse error at line 17, column 12. Encountered: IF
    I’m pretty sure MySQL supports this syntax.

• And finally, searching these forums fails every - basic search or advanced - with this type of error message:
    Safari could not open the page “http://forums.visual-paradigm.com/jforum.html?module=search&action=search&clean=1&search_keywords=maximize&search_terms=all&search_forum=1&sort_by=p.post_time&sort_dir=DESC&search_cat=” because the server is not responding.

Picture 2.png

Picture 3.png

Hi Eeverman,

Thanks for your post. First of all, I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the problem of our forum since recently our forum is heavily loaded (maybe popular). We are considering to upgrade the forum.

Let’s switch to other issues:

• Diagram windows do not fill the document area, leaving a 10 to 15 pixel area of dead space area the diagram, even when maximized.
    This problem appears in most of the swing applications (our tool is swing application) for Mac OS X 10.5, so we can do nothing about this at the moment. I’m sorry for this fact, but we will constantly review this issue.
  • Improvement to Diagram Tabs:
    Thanks for you suggestion and we will consider to support this style for the diagram tabs in the future. If I get any news about this issue, I’ll let you know at once.
  • Full Screen Improvement:
    Thanks for your suggestion and we will consider to support in the future. If there is any news about this issue, I’ll notify you immediately.
  • Reverse DDL fails on “DROP TABLE IF EXISTS “alertmessage”;”
    Would you mind sending the ddl you reversed for investigation? Thanks in advance!
    *if you do not want the file to be accessible by public, please send to lilian@visual-paradigm.com

If you have any further inquiry, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong