VP UML Pro 7.2 C++ Round-Trip not working

Hello,

We’re trying out VP UML Pro 7.2 at our office and we were trying to use the C++ Round-Trip feature. We are on Linux and our code is ANSI-C/C++. We are able to select the directory to take the files out of and they are inserted into the Class Repository C++ Round-Trip folder. However, when we try to reverse them into a model or a class diagram, an error tab appears at the bottom that says something like the following:

“Unable to read file: . Parse error at line 16, column 1. Encountered: namespace”

The name of the error tab is Java Round-trip Message. Is it trying to read our C++ files with the Java parser?

Thanks for any help.

Sincerely,

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post. Would you mind to attach the source you tried to reverse but failed? if you don’t want the file to be accessed by public, please send to lilian.wong@visual-paradigm.com

The error message should be incorrect and I’ve passed to our engineers to fix.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Dave,

Our engineers checked the error message that the problem is due to namespace in your source code, which is not supported in VP Suite 4.2 SP1. However, VP Suite 4.2 SP2 (coming release) will support namespace during source reverse.
Release candidate (RC) of VP Suite 4.2 SP2 is available for test. If you are interested in trying the enhanced ANSI C++ round-trip engineering feature, please send me an email and I can send you the RC for testing.

And for the incorrect message issue, our engineers fixed it and please run “VP Suite Update” to update your product to latest patch (sp1_20100317r or later). For details about updating to latest patch, please visit:

Best regards,
Lilian Wong