Vpumlce_20030520.bin

Hello, when I run vpumlce_20030520.bin I get the following output.

Preparing to install…
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive…
Unpacking the JRE…
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive…
Configuring the installer for this system’s environment…
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
/bin/ls: error while loading shared libraries: librt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
dirname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
basename: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
hostname: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Launching installer…

rm: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
rm: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

my libc.so.6 is in /lib, it is a link to /lib/libc-2.3.2.so. java -version gives:

java version "1.4.1"
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build Blackdown-1.4.1-01)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build Blackdown-1.4.1-01, mixed mode)

I’ve also tried the straight jar file and run “java -jar foo.jar” but I get the same libc.so.6 missing errors. Any ideas?

Hi,
I suggest you download the JDK from sun and install it.

Best Regards,
Angus

Hi,

I have the same problem, except I have installed SDK which gives:

Java version "1.4.2"
Java™ 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2-b28)
Java HotSpot™ Client VM (build 1.4.2-b28, mixed mode)

Tried even to have copies of the -so- files in the directory where I run the bin.

Jason, have you been able to install, and how?

thanks,

Raimo

I just finished recompiling my entire system and still no luck. It’d be nice to get this program running but I guess I’ll have to look for another app.

Hi,
I suggest you download the no_install version. You just need to unzip the file and run it.

Best Regards,
Angus

I have the same problem, and i still can’t open the .bin file…

Dear Mandy,

Do you have problem with the new VP Suite installer?

Regards,

Antony.