Watermark and licencing

Hello,

• On one side, we have a designer (consultant) who is building diagrams. He is in the project and will leave at the end of the project. We expect to buy a Modeler floating licence for him.
  • On the other side, we have the business who is reviewing the diagrams and might want to add comments to improve it.

Questions are the following:

1. What would happen if we stop to pay for the floating licence ? Will the cloud storage place ,where we built the diagrams, be erased ? If not, can we start again to pay for the floating licence and come back to the diagrams we have initially designed ?

2. Currently (in trial edition), we see the watermark when browsing the diagrams. Once we have bought the licence for our designer (Modeler licence), will the business users (no licence for them) see the watermark while browsing the diagrams online ?

I hope my questions are not too stupid. I tried to find the information on the documentation and the forum, but could not have a clear answer.

Best regards

Hi JDumoulin,

The floating license option we have is a perpetual license which can use forever. Even not paying the subsequent maintenance cost (for continue receive our update and support) the software will keep working on the version you purchased. It also allow you to share the license between your consultant and internal users.

For VP Desktop user the VP Online serve as the central project repository for your team. User using the 1GB free storage space will need to have at least one commit of project in every 30 days to keep it alive. Otherwise the online storage space could being wipe out due to no activity on it.

Regarding to the “watermark when browsing the diagrams” do you meaning the diagrams exported from VP Client? If yes then it is subject to the license of the VP software who use to export the image. VP Desktop Client with paid license (except academic license) will not generate watermarks.

BTW we also have the free Viewer App which allow user to browser the content of your project without require any license. You can find the Viewer App at https://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/viewer.jsp

Feel free to contact me for any questions.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

1 Like

Thank you Rain for the clear and prompt answer.

1 Like

You are welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like