When to file a bug in the forum, and when to file it through the Technical Support page?

I’ve been looking through the website to figure out when I should file what I believe to be a bug to the ‘Contact Technical support’ page and when I should create a topic in the Bug-section in the Forum.

The other day I filed a bug-report through the ‘Contact Technical support’ page. The bug was very, very well handled, and very quickly resolved, but today I noticed the special ‘Bug’-section in the forum, so maybe I shouldn’t have filed a ticket for ‘Technical Support’. On the other hand, the people at TechSupport didn’t complain and didn’t refer me to the forum if I’d have a bug in the future.

Hence, I’m a bit confused. When should I file bugs where?

Hi jvbethlehem,

Sorry to make you confused. We hope to provide our users with more convenient ways to report issues and give us their feedback. We welcome any kind of issue report be it submitted via ticket or via forum. Usually, you will get a reply faster by submitting ticket. But no matter what, all of our users’ issue reports, suggestions and requests will be handled carefully and as fast as we can.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi jvbethlehem,

[quote=jvbethlehem]I’ve been looking through the website to figure out when I should file what I believe to be a bug to the ‘Contact Technical support’ page and when I should create a topic in the Bug-section in the Forum.

The other day I filed a bug-report through the ‘Contact Technical support’ page. The bug was very, very well handled, and very quickly resolved, but today I noticed the special ‘Bug’-section in the forum, so maybe I shouldn’t have filed a ticket for ‘Technical Support’. On the other hand, the people at TechSupport didn’t complain and didn’t refer me to the forum if I’d have a bug in the future.

Hence, I’m a bit confused. When should I file bugs where?[/quote]

In my experience, if you need a quick answer, submit a ticket. Of the various tickets I submitted, I can’t remember a single one that didn’t get answered the next business day. My experience with the forum, on the other hand, has been quite mixed.

The forum might be better if you rather want opinions from more than one person.

Stefan