Where's the Project Browser Gone?

Updated from 15.1 to 15.2 last week.

First and most obvious thing I noticed was that the Project Browser has gone AWOL and I can’t find ANY way of accessing my diagrams within the project. It used to be on the View menu.

I presume there is a simple answer and explanation (No one else seems to have raised it as a problem) but I haven’t been able to find it. Went looking for the 15.2 changelog but can’t find that either.

Can someone please put me out of my misery. As of now I am completely unable to use VP

Hi Harry,

As I know we haven’t removed the Project Browser button. It should be the first button on the View menu. If you cannot see it, can you try to see if running VP with a new workspace helps?

Best Regards,

Antony.

Try using CTRL + SHIFT + B to load the Project Browser

That fixed it. (The hotkey wasn’t available either, until I created a new workspace)

Cheers

1 Like

Glad that it helps. Anyway we would check what possibly caused this issue, and we will get back to you when we have any findings. Thank you.

Hi Harry,

We have checked and found that we have not special handled to hide the Project Browser button. Since you said your old workspace can repeat this issue, can you send us the preference file so we can diagnose the problem for you? Its file path is

[workspace]/.vpprefdata/.vp.preference

You can send it to: support-team@visual-paradigm.com
and include the link to this post in the email.

Thank you,

Antony.

Same problem here. No Project Browser Button. No menu item. Hot key doesn’t work. No way to access my diagram and looks like I have to start over, with Visio.

Hi Jesse,

Can you show a screenshot of how your VP looks like?

Best Regards,

Antony.