Which is the "cheapest" VPforUML or SDE edition with which I can generate code?

Hello,

which is the “cheapest” VPforUML and “cheapest” SDE edition with which I can generate code ?

I learned:
The VPforUML free edition cannot generate code.

The SDE for Eclipse free edition has GRAYED ( inactive ) menu items “update to code” and “select in code” if I click on a class in the class diagram so it cannot generate code.

but the promised menu entry in the Diagram Navigator when clicking on a class “update to code” and “select in code” do not exist even not as GRAYED ( inactive ) menu items.

I checked all the feature comparison charts,
but I missed WHICH is name of the feature ( of the commercial versions ) that indicates that this version enables code generation !

Sincerely
Rolf

Dear Rolf,

Thank you for your post. Professional Edition is the cheapest edition that supports code generation.

Best Regards,
Jick

According to the comparison chart the Standard edition supports Code generation and Reverse engineering, but not roundtrip engineering. Is this incorrect???

Hello user,

The code generation and reverse supported in Standard Edition is not round-trip.

Best regards,
Jick

Does the Professional Edition support round-trip code generation and editing?

Does the Professional Edition support database generation from ER diagrams, and round-trip editing and engineering of generated code?

Richard

Hello Richard,

Professional Edition of VP-UML and DB-VA supports round-trip engineering of Java. For SDE, besides SDE-VS that supports round-trip engineering of .NET code, all other SDEs support round-trip engineering of Java.

Does the Professional Edition support database generation from ER diagrams, and round-trip editing and engineering of generated code?

Professional Edition of all products support database generation from ERD. What do you mean round-trip engineering of generated code? The ORM code generation is in one direction only.

Best regards,
Jick