Will Visual Paradigm support DMN any time soon?

Hi,

Do you know if there are any plans to support DMN?

I’m really liking modeling with BPMN. However not being able to model DMN is a huge handicap.

Thanks in advance for any clarification.

Cheers :+1:

1 Like

The DMN is in our backlog but at the moment the time frame was not yet fixed. You may use our Decision Table as the workaround. You can use the Decision Table to model the business rules and regulations, and associate the Decision Table as the sub-diagram of model element as elaboration.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Hey Rain. Thanks so much for getting back to me.

I have the basic subscription. Is that the reason why I can’t see “decision table” from the list of diagrams I can select?

Thanks!

The Decision Table is supported in Professional Edition or above. May I know which edition you using?

Best regards,
Rain Wong

Sorry for the delay. I’m using the basic version.

Thanks for replying. For perpetual license may consider to upgrade to Professional Edition by paying the price difference on the perpetual license. Or if you are using subscription license you can upgrade with the reminding value of your subscription being refunded. Feel free to contact me for any help and wish you have a good day!

Best regards,
Rain Wong

So, any progress since 2017? DMN is really a necessary part of the architecture design and the workaround doesn’t really look good.

Hi Pino,

Thank you for your reminder. The support of DMN is still in our backlog and regretfully, we are not going to support it in the coming release. If there is any news, we will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung