Word wrap

Hi, just curious if it is possible to have the component names doing some nifty word wrapping when they become too long to fit in the box.
Currently the name is truncated so you miss out on interesting bits.

User guide shows all the examples with word-wrap in components but I’m not be able to draw in the same way.

Problem solved!!!

When you write the name of a component, you must type Ctrl+Return to begin a new line.

Hi rosaie,

You are right. And for your information, you can set to use ‘Enter’ instead of ‘Ctrl-Enter’ for creating a new line, if you feel more comfortable. This can be set from the Options dialog box.

Best regards,
Jick

creating-new-line.png

Wouldn’t it be more convenient to have automatic word wrapping such as what is found in most modeler?

I also notice that manually word wrapping captions has the effect of transferring those wraps in the reports generated which is not nice…

Thank you!

Hi Francis,

Is there any particular type(s) of model that you want to be able to automatically wrap text in it?

Best regards,
Jick

All BPMN shapes! Events, tasks, gateways, data objects…

For tasks, the text should wrap within the limits of the symbol. The symbol should also auto-grow (in height, not in width!) to fit text if the later is to big to fit in the original size of the symbol.

For the other symbols where the caption is below the symbol, the text should also be limited reasonably in width, but quite longer that the symbol’s width because those symbols tends to be small. By reasonnably, I guess that would mean 200% the width of the symbol…

Hi Francis,

I have forwarded your request to our development team for further investigation. Once there is a feedback, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick