Workflow Candidates in Textual Analysis

I have created quite a few candidate items in textual analysis that are of the ‘workflow’ type.

However, I can find no instruction anywhere about what to do with these items.

I cannot convert them from a candidate to a ‘class’ and it doesn’t make any sense to me to think of them that way.

Also, I cannot drop them into a diagram.

They do show up as ‘items’ in the model explorer tree, but nowhere else.

There is nothing in the documentation or any demo…

What is this supposed to be about?

Also, even when the workflow ‘selection’ button in Textual Analysis is de-selected, workflow objects continue to be displayed.

Hi Kimball,

Thank you for your post.

The workflow objects are useful in documentation. Did you expect them to be reusable in other ways? If yes, could you share your expectation with me? Perhaps we can support what you want.

Also, even when the workflow ‘selection’ button in Textual
Analysis is de-selected, workflow objects continue to be displayed.

We tried with your sample project, and the Workflow selection button worked fine. Are you able to produce this problem with a new project? If yes, could you provide me with the steps? Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Jick

I had the same question regarding the workflow candidates. Is there any way you could provide a sample of its intended use? I am still not clear on how they fit into the analysis.

Thank you, Brian

Hi Brian,

Currently, the workflow candidates are shown in documentation (HTML, PDF, Project Publisher). If you have any suggestion about the usage, please feel free to share with us. Thank you!

Best regards,
Jick