WSAD 5.1 and SDE community edition

Hi,
I installed SDE Community Edition on WSAD 5.1 however when I click Open UML Model it gives the error below:
Your Java Runtime Environment version is not able to run Smart Development Environment Community Edition for Eclipse (Smart Development Environment Community Edition for Eclipse should run on JRE 1.4.2 or above version)

If you can suggest me what to do about it I will be glad.
Hicran.

Hi,

Your problem can be solved by following the instructions at the following website:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/content/product/sde/sdeec/sdeecUserGuide/html/appendixb.html

Hope that helps.

Martyn

Thanks Martyn,
That made it work. The only problem in those installation steps, second step asks to decompress the “No Install” file in WSAD home directory. I had to decompress it to eclipse home directory. I could make it work a little but still reverse engineering doesnt work. The “Update UML Model” option is always gray.
Hicran.

I am having a somewhat similar problem. I installed SDE community edition on WSAD 5.1, or I have tried. The installer never asked for the location of WASD. So I tried the no_install.zip route. Now, I get the menu option to Open a UML diagram, but when I select that, I get “The chosen operation is not currently available.” message.

If I try to go Window->Open Perspective->UML Modeling I get "Problems opening perspective ‘com.vp.vpsde.ed.perspectices.ModelingPerspective’.

Running on Windows XP fully patched and JVM 1.4.0_01-b03

Some problem with WSAD 5.1.2 JDK SUN 1.4.2_04 on XPWayne Precht wrote:

If I try to go Window->Open Perspective->UML Modeling I get
"Problems opening perspective
‘com.vp.vpsde.ed.perspectices.ModelingPerspective’.

Running on Windows XP fully patched and JVM 1.4.0_01-b03

find solution (for me)
Remove the _jvm directory under wsad home
and remove the jre directory under wsad / eclipse home

You can see un the .log file in the .metadata directory in the workstace that wsad start using the jdk1.3 not jdk 1.4

Another possible solution is replace the two jdk with jre 1.4, but i have not tested this