Hi,

I have an existing XSD which defines the following type:

<xsd:complexType name="ExerciseIdentificationType">
		<xsd:annotation>
			<xsd:appinfo>
				<SetFormatName>EXERCISE IDENTIFICATION</SetFormatName>
				<SetFormatIdentifier>EXER</SetFormatIdentifier>
</xsd:complexType>

When I define the class via VP, I can add tagged values to export the annotations. But when I try to import the xsd schema, the annotation don’t seem to be captured as tagged values. Is there a way to import these annotations ? Otherwise, when I export I’ll loose that information.

Thanks,
Mario

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your post. Our team will review your question shortly. When there is any reply, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

No news on this ?

Hi Mario,

I am sorry but our team is still checking. I have just given them a reminder.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Mario,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have made an enhancement based on your case. In the latest build, when you reverse your code, your annotation will be captured as tagged values:

You can obtain the fix by updating the build to 16_3_20210840ac or higher. The following article shows you how to perform an update:

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

Hi, I have used the “Reverse engineer->XML Definition” and this way imported XSD files (defining ISO messages) into PowerDesigner 16.5 (DataArchitect license).

Then I used “Tools->Generate Physical Data Model” followed by “Tools → Generate Conceptual Data Model”.

The resulting CDM seems ok but is organised visually in a way where you even can’t guess the hieracic structure of the message defined by the XSD.
The XSD has a hierarchic structure and I have tried to e.g. import the XSD to Eclipse with the hyperModel plugin and the result is a very nice hierarchic UML diagram exactly mirroring the XSD structure. I mean, the XSD structure in e.g. XMLSpy and the hyperModel diagram generated in Eclipse is readable because you see the hierarchic structure, but the structure displayed default in PowerDesigner is spaghetti-like, impossible to see any top-down structure for a reasonable complex XSD. Generally I would like to see the “bigger” objects on top and then a top-down structure where you clearly see the hierarchy of gradually smaller parts/objects, resembling the hierchy you may see when looking at a XSD in e.g. XMLSpy in the schema/design view.

MyCCPay Login