Your License key(s) are invalid, the application will exit!

Hi I had to change the name of my profile on my laptop (we had to reorganize our department domain) and now I can do what I want but cannot access VP anymore.
It will import my license key but will not show it and close.

To make this clear: The software was working until I had to rename my profile. The license key manager is always empty (although I have imported keys). The error message I get is: Your License key(s) are invalid, the application will exit!

Help!!!

Hello user,

We have tried but cannot reproduce your problem. By renaming profile, did the user folder under C:\Documents and Settings got renamed? If yes, please do the steps below:

1. Copy C:\Documents and Settings%original_user_name%.vplls
  2. Paste to C:\Documents and Settings%new_user_name%.vplls

This should solve the problem. Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick

Ups…
Sorry, too late.
I read some answeres in this forum about solving license problems and already deleted all C:\Documents and Settings%new_user_name%.vplls
folders.

but your assumption is correct.
This folder name was renamed.
But the old folder was created with a different domain controller.
Our controller and backup crashed without repare possibilities and we had to create a new domain.

Thanks for helping.
I’m currently in a middle of a huge project and my design leader is asking for designs and I can’t.
:roll:

Hello user,

Do not worry, please try import again, the .vplls will re-appear by doing this. Yet, I cannot tell exactly whether it will appear in the original user name folder or the new user name folder. Please have a try. If this still does not work, please let me know your email address. I will try to give you other solutions.

Due to the problem of spam, if you will let me know about your email address, I suggest you either send me a private message or an email, but not to post here. My email address is:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Best regards,
Jick

Ok,
After some emails following trick helped.
I imported both 5.1 and 5.2 version keys to the software.
Then I also copied these files to the bin directory (no idea why).
After this, the software works.
:smiley: :smiley:
Thanks to the support of Visual Paradigm which was very friendly and very fast.

Thanks for reporting the solution. Feel free to contact us again if there are any questions. :smiley: :smiley: