Are you using VPository? Then you'll need this!

Hi guys,

Are you using VPository? Because if you do then I might have just the thing to make your life a whole lot easier.

Introducing: The VPositoryManager plugin!

(note: the plugin is usable in all Visual Paradigm editions)

What this does

As you may know VPository allows you to store your projects in the cloud. Normally you don’t really need much else besides Visual Paradigm and optionally the Teamwork Client, but there’s only so much that can do. You can’t, for example, remove projects from the cloud by merely using Teamwork client, nor can you perform user management tasks. All of those are best done by going to the VPository management screen itself.

If only you could easily access that from within Visual Paradigm… well, we can now! :sunglasses:

This plugin checks your Teamwork client configuration, in specific any configured repositories. It then tries to find the correct repository URL and when found it then tries to open it using the default browser.

With as direct result: instant access to your management console. That is: it tells your browser to open the URL, but that’s also as far as this goes. So you don’t have to worry about this plugin trying anything funny, because it simply can’t (it can control VP, but it can’t control your browser).

It is kind of late (or early) here at the time of writing, so you’ll have to forgive me for not including a descriptive diagram right now, I’ll get back to that. Still: the plugin is fully open source, so you can easily check the code to ensure that nothing funny is going on.

1 Like