An option to filter diagram types (v.s. names)

Hi gang!

I couldn’t help but notice that there are a lot of different diagram types available in the current versions of Visual Paradigm, where a large majority is based on the web engine.

Now, I don’t have anything against those “web diagrams” but I do think it’s fair to say that they’re less flexible than the ones which utilize model elements (which you can re-use, even in other diagrams).

So I was wondering if it would be possible to apply some kind of filtering which would allow us to exclude these diagram types in the “New diagram” option?

The diagram navigator pane also does a good job of course, but sometimes you just want to pick a specific diagram yourself, and it has become quite a list so far.

Figured I could always suggest :slight_smile:

1 Like

In general, I would like to limit the creation of diagram types within a project. I want users to stick to a defined set of diagrams within a project. And it drives me batty when a user creates a web diagram to do a flowchart instead of using standard BPMN.

Does Customize UI fit your purpose?
Remind that it is application based not project based.

2 Likes

wow… I was familiar with the Customize UI feature (I heavily used it in my Modeler edition to hide some not fully supported features) but I never expected it to go so deep!

This works perfectly. The best part is that because I’m only hiding the New Diagram dialog options I still have access to these diagram types using the Diagram Navigator pane!

Thanks Roy, much appreciated!