End of line symbol -- Is there a way to not see it?

Hello,

I am currently testing BPVA software for my company.

I got a question?

While working with sub-process, is there a way to write sub-process name on many lines, but on sub-process worksheet, do not see end of line symbol?

In advance thanks.
end of line.bmp

Hi benoit,

Thank you for your post. Currently we do not support not to show the carriage return character in frame title, I will talk to our engineers about your request and reply you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Jick

Hello Jick

I got another question.

As an example, one of my process is called line1 - line2 (on two lineq).

If I report it in word, the process name will appear on two lines.

Is there a way to write process name on many lines but with a reporting OK?

I attached an example for my question.

In advance, thanks
sample.bmp

Hi benoit,

I’m Lilian, a colleague of Jick. Thank you for raising this problem to us, I will discuss with our engineers. If there is any feedback, I’ll tell you immediately.

By the way, which version are you using?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hello Lilian,

I’m currently testing the evaluation version 2.2 (Build 20080125).

Is my problem only with evaluation version or with all version?

Have a nice day

Hi benoit,

It’s not the matter of evaluation version or not. After discussing with our engineers, we will provide an option to convert multiple line model heading (the model name) to single line, and this options will be available to all 3 kinds of report.
If there is any news about this option, I will come back to you immediately. If you have any inquiries, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi benoit,

It’s the news about the issue of showing carriage return character in frame title you raised previously. We have fixed the application, you can download the patch in http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200803/Patch/sp1_20080311s/VP_Suite_Windows_3_2_sp1_20080311s.exe

To use the patch:

1. Exit any running instance of VP
  2. Install by overwriting the current installation
  3. Restart the product.

Note: This patch is made for VP Suite 3.2 SP1 (VP-UML 6.2 SP1). Please make sure you have a valid product license. Otherwise you won’t be able to start up the product after the installation.

You can switch off the option to not showing the carriage return character.

If you need any help, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

carriage_return.png

Hi lilian,

I am only using Business Process Visual Architect (BPVA) and not VP suite.

As far as i understand, i could not use that patch.

Thanks for everything

Hi benoit,

I’m sorry for the mistake I made. Here is the patch for BP-VA:
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200803/Patch/sp1_20080311s/Business_Process_Visual_ARCHITECT_Windows_2_2_sp1_20080311s.exe
I hope it can solve your problem.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Thanks for everything Lilian.

I am testing it right now.

Hello Lilian,

Thanks for everything.

But now, word reporting don’t work at all…

Other kind of reporting are OK (pdf, html and project publishing)

In advance, thanks

Here is the error i get :
tototemp.bmp

Could you send me your project file to track down the problem? My email address is angus@visual-paradigm.com. Thanks.

Hello Angus,

I sent you the project file.

I’ll post it here too.

In advance thanks,
dummyProject.vpp

Hi benoit,

Thank you for your project file. I’ve forwarded the problem and the project to our engineers for further investigation. Once there is any feedback, I’ll come back to you immediately.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hello Lilian,

I think i know where the problem is :

The fact is that i do not tick any option in the report generator, and for any reasons, it works with pdf, with html but do not with word

But anyway, this is a real problem (and maybe with more problems that what i found).

Thanks

Hi benoit,

Thanks for your reply. In fact, even you do not tick any options, it should be able to generate the Word report (but will only show the words “Business Process Diagram” and “Process”, no actual content will show). Thank you for bringing our attention to this report generation problem.

Besides the Word report generation problem, you’ve raised the issue of showing multiple lines model heading in PDF/Word report as well. Now both two problems are being fixed in our application, please download and try the patch in the following link to see if the problems are solved.
http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200803/Patch/sp1_20080311x/Business_Process_Visual_ARCHITECT_Windows_2_2_sp1_20080311x.exe

For the model heading issue, we’ve added an option to show multiple lines model heading in one line in the report (please refer to the attached image). This option only affects model header, but not the summary tables. Please check the box of the option if you want to show single line model heading in the report.

If there are any inquiries, please feel free to ask. Have a nice day!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

single_line_model_heading.png

Hello Lilian,

I am not able to install the patch you provide me.

Here is my errors message and my install log

In advance thanks
error.bmp
install4jError30452.log

Hello Lilian,

I re-download the install file you provide me and that times it is working…

thanks

Hello Lilian,

There is just one another point i forgot to mention.

In report genertion, is it possible to erase to the carriage symbol?
here is an extended version of dummy project and here is a word report.

Plus a can you give me a quick explanation of the new menu “Report writer”.
Is there another documentation than the one provided on the website with more explanation?

Thanks for your continuous and great (and fast) support
dummyProject.vpp
dummyReport.doc
menu.bmp