'Export to clipboard': save a whole diagram but to clipboard

Hi gang!

Most of the times when I share some of my diagrams it’s when I’m using platforms which support copy&paste; so I basically select all my model elements, right click on one and select “Copy => Copy to clipboard as image” and then I end up with my diagram in the clipboard, which I can then paste into whatever I’m working with.

This works perfectly but has one small flaw: you don’t get the whole diagram. For example: a color or shape legend won’t be included.

So I was wondering if it would be possible (and feasible) to have an export option which doesn’t merely export the current diagram as image: it exports it onto the clipboard instead of saving it as a file. So including specific features such as a color legend.

Maybe food for thought?

Thanks for reading!

Your suggestion is good and we planned to support it.
You will be informed once we supported Include legend option in Copy to Clipboard as Image.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

Dear ShelLuser,

I would like to let you know our engineers had deployed a new build which now support including diagram legend when copy diagram into clipboard as image (see below).

If you had turn off this dialog when copy diagram to clipboard as image you can then specify this under Application Options > Diagramming > Environment > Copy as image include legend.

Please update the software to latest patch build (20181030an or later) to get this enhancement. Details about update to latest patch can be found at

• Please make sure you have pressed the “Update to latest patch” button on the left hand side of the dialog right after launching the update program

Feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

1 Like

Awesome. I used this feature earlier this week and it works well. Thanks!