Glossary Cell Attributes

Hello. I’m creating Glossary terms from textual analysis. I see that you can also create additional columns. When I create additional columns, I would like for the column to have specific attributes. For example, I may want one column in the Dictionary to be able to enumerate a set of possible strings that I can choose from. I see from a tutorial that something like this can be done using “On-Demand Model ETL” inside the business process model (I think) but I’d like to be able to have the same option within Dictionary.

At the end of this, I’d like to be able to export my customized dictionary to a word doc to present a particular view. Any assistance will be helpful. Thank you.

Rick

I’m not sure that is possible. See: the glossary grid is basically a grid diagram meant to create overviews to showcase specific aspects of your project. Therefor every column in the grid is already a property of its own, related to the element(s) within the grid itself.

This is somewhat possible, but not easily within a glossary grid. So the first thing to keep in mind is that everything you add to the glossary grid will become an element, not necessarily a model element:

Here I extracted ‘test’ from a textual analysis and added it to the glossary grid. In the model explorer you can see it being available in my project as an element. I also added a custom property of my own but lets ignore this for now.

So what you could do is open the term editor of the test element by double clicking and then adding a tagged value. But instead of a regular value you’d set up an enumeration:

You can add enumerations by clicking on the ‘Add’ button in the lower right corner (see screenshot above), then select the enumeration option appearing there:

In my example ‘Probability’ is an enumeration I set up as a tagged value:

Now the only thing left to do is to go back to the glossary grid, re-configure your columns and add the tagged value:

This will then allow you to select a value from a list of pre-determined entries. However, this only applies if you actually added the tagged value enumeration to one of the elements in the grid. I think that’s the most important part to keep in mind: the columns represent properties related to your elements.

So when you add a new element to the grid then you’d need to assign the tagged value again first, then select a value for it and after that it’ll be displayed in the grid as well.

So you cannot use the grid itself to select values, the grid is only used to display those values. Setting them is done using either the term editor or opening the elements specifications.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions be sure to ask.