How can we change the Administrator in vp teamwork server on premises

Hi There,

I would like to understand how we can change the Administrator in vp teamwork server?
We are using SSO with ADFS and unfortunately the first user that signed on has become administrator.
We want to change this to another user but there is no option to change it.

Please help or guide what the procedure is to assign vp teamwork manager / administrator rights to another user.

Greetz,
Hanko.

Hi Hanko,

Thank you for your post. I have forwarded your case to our development team to study and will let you know when there is any feedback from them.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Hanko,

When you setup SSO, the login user will be the administrator. To change the administrator, please re-configure SSO with another user.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,

We tried this but it did not work.
We removed SSO and logged in with our local Admin account.

The problem is that if we try to remove the user with administrative rights, it tells us that it is not allowed because this user is the “Manager”.

As long as this user can not be removed, reconfiguring SSO will keep this user as administrator.

Is there any option?

Hi Hanko,

We have captured a video for you. Please watch here:
https://files2.visual-paradigm.com/index.php/s/QOVgGfUtCA17djz

Initially, there is just one user ‘kit1’, and he must be the admin. Then, delete sso and re-configure, login as kit2. After that, I can delete kit1 because the manager is changed from kit1 to kit2.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Jick,
Clicked on the link but there is no video.

Hi Jick,

Do not bother uploading the video.
I followed your procedure and it all worked out fine.
Thanks for your continuous support. Much appreciated !

Greetz,
Hanko

Hi Hanko,

Oops… Sorry for missing the video. :sweat_smile: And glad to know that the problem is solved. Feel free to let us know if you have any other questions. Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung