How to activate logging for VP client 14?

Hi,

since about one week our local VP 14 clients are no longer able to connect to the update Server via the company’s Proxy Server.

Because the Proxy Server is fine (all working stations can Access the Internet via the Proxy as well as other tools like Eclipse and so on) we suppose th eproblem in VP.

Testing the Proxy Server settings brings up a meaningless error message only: “Failed”.

Hence my question is if there is a logging mechanism in the VP Client? And if YES how to activate it?

With Kind regards
Thomas

[quote=Anonymous]since about one week our local VP 14 clients are no longer able to connect to the update Server via the company’s Proxy Server.

Because the Proxy Server is fine (all working stations can Access the Internet via the Proxy as well as other tools like Eclipse and so on) we suppose th eproblem in VP.[/quote]
The best way to check what is happening is the logfile (which you already hinted at). You don’t have to activate it, it’s already there. Check: C:\Users<your name>\AppData\Roaming\VisualParadigm\vpupdate.log.

Just to make sure: when you mention clients you’re referring to the update program I assume? Because although VP itself does provide options to check for updates, the best way to check (and install) those is the updater itself.

My suggestion: find that log file, delete it and then run the updater (Program Files\Visual Paradigm 14.0\bin\Visual Paradigm Update.exe). If things still don’t work find the logfile again and either post here and attach it, or (maybe a better idea if you have maintenance support): contact Visual Paradigm here.

If you’re using the community version you do not have maintenance support, so in that case just post it here and let the VP community try to help you out :wink:

Either way be sure to attach the logfile I mentioned (“vpupdate.log”) and not the regular one (“vp.log”).

Hope this helped (so far)!