Installation problems

I have spent 4!!!hours downloading the no install version of business processes VA, then the unzipped files did not contain an .exe file or VA install, then the presumed .exe file could not be opened by windows because the extension was not recognised, then I forgot the login and the new passwords sent by support were not recognised by the login, etc. etc.

If we are to spent so much time to try to evaluate if this sw does what it promises, this is not productive and I prefer to switch back to Visio.

Can any one confirm

1. is the version of the downloadable trial version of Business Process VA
    the full one or a cut-down one? What is the difference between the no install and the install versions? Which one causes the less installation problems?

2. I have seen in the forum a lot of complaints with install and download, some of which are threatening (crash, fatal errors,…), is the smooth installation guaranteed and that there will not be any system crashes?

3. Does the uninstaller fully uninstalls all the .dll program files?

4. Why one should prefer Biz Proc. VA over Visio?

5. If one decides to buy the program after a positive evaluation period, will he have to uninstall the download and reinstall another version of the program?

6. Has anyone used this sw before for designing business processes for the electricity transmission sector? Any ideas on how to use it or actual examples would be most welcome.

Hi Mari,

Thank you for your evaluation. Let me reply your queries one by one.

is the version of the downloadable trial version of Business Process VA
the full one or a cut-down one?

The downloadable trial version of BP-VA is full featured. The differences with the purchased copy are the trial one will work for 30 days and the exported images will contain watermark.

What is the difference between the no install and the install versions? Which one causes the less installation problems?

Install version requires you to run the installer to install the tool. The installer will extract the files you need to run BP-VA to the directory you selected.

No-Install version is a zip file. You just need to unzip it and then run the exe file under the bin folder to run the tool.

is the smooth installation guaranteed and that there will not be any system crashes?

We totally understand the seriousness of those reported installation problems. I admit that the installer was not very stable at the very beginning (about 2 years ago). But now, I can say it is very stable. It is true that there are several complaints about the installation. But there are also a lot of users who can install successfully. Of course, they would not post here and said that they could install without any problem. :smiley:

About the crashing problem, as far as I know it only crashes the installer itself. It will NOT harm your system. Also, this problem is very rare and you do not need to worry too much.

Does the uninstaller fully uninstalls all the .dll program files?

Except files that are produced in runtime (e.g. log file), all files inside the installation directory will be removed by un-installation.

Why one should prefer Biz Proc. VA over Visio?

One of the strength of BP-VA is the visual modeling capability. Our visual modeling features are the most advanced when compare to other vendors.

We provide intuitive inline editing for all UML diagrams. This truly what-you-see-is-what-you-get diagram editing facility reduces the effort and time in diagramming.

The resource-centric interface is adopted to assist frequently performed tasks. Context-sensitive shortcut buttons are shown when a diagram element is selected. Frequently performed operations like fit to size, creating associated diagram elements can be performed in one mouse-click.

There are many, many other benefits in using BP-VA. It is sometimes difficult to describe how well our tools are, so we always encourage people to try our tools. When you find that you can use a comparatively short time to draw much attractive diagrams that you drew in Visio before, you will know the answer: D

If one decides to buy the program after a positive evaluation period, will he have to uninstall the download and reinstall another version of the program?

No Un-install is needed. As I mentioned from the first answer, the downloadable trial version is full featured. All he needs to do is to import a purchased license key to the tool to make the tool a purchased copy.

Has anyone used this sw before for designing business processes for the electricity transmission sector? Any ideas on how to use it or actual examples would be most welcome.

I am sorry, I do not know if anyone has used BP-VA for designing business process for the electricity transmission sector. But as I know, users of BP-VA come from different sectors. As you know, all sectors may have the need of business modeling.

I hope the information has helped. If there are any questions, please feel free to post again.

If you want more in-depth technical supports, you may consider creating a ticket at:

We will response to you as soon as we can.

Once again, thank you for your evaluation.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hello Mari,
in addition to Jicks answer for number 4 VP versus Visio:
Visio is a drawing tool.

Without knowledge of the notation you can also draw completly wrong things.
VP helps you to create correct diagrams.

The other thing is that VP has a repository of the model elements. You can use the same model element (e.g. a subprocess) in different models to present different views / aspects. Since the element is stored in the repository changes in one model (view) would be visible in the other models where this element is also used. You cannot do this with a drawing tool.

Best regards
Juergen

This software compatable with Windows vista?. i have problem with it?

Hi user,

Yes, we are compatible with Windows Vista. Could you provide me with information about your problem?

Best regards,
Jick

yes. I download and and install. After instalation i cound not find the program that i have installed. I also check in the program files its not the…

Hello,

Could you lookup the TEMP folder to check if there is any log file produced during installation? If yes, please send me. Thank you.

Best regards,
Jick

This is the log file.
MpSigStub.log

Hello,

The log given is not produced by our installer. Do you see a file with name like suite_installer1.log?

By the way, if you took the default installation folder, you should find VP Suite at:
C:\Program Files\VP Suite 3.1

Could you lookup this directory in your machine?

Best regards,
Jick

Hello!

I have a installation problem to.
When I tray to install a program I get a mesage
"C:/VP Suite 3.1/lib/vpplatform.jar
Could not create this file.Should I try again?"

And after I press Yes it fails…

Sandro

The problem was with mirror… German file worked fine.

Sandro

Thank you for your post.

[quote=Anonymous]Hello!

Sandro[/quote]

I’m getting this error as well, installing a german language version is not really an option.

I’m trying to install the community edition eclipse plugin on vista business.

Thanks.

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Hello!

Sandro[/quote]

I’m getting this error as well, installing a german language version is not really an option.

I’m trying to install the community edition eclipse plugin on vista business.

Thanks.[/quote]

I am also getting this problem.

Hello,

Thank you for choosing our product. I am afraid that your download installer is corrupted. Please try to download the product again from the following site, and try to use other mirror site when download.
If there are any further enquiries, please feel free to contact me again.

http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/download.jsp?product=vpsuite

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I am having the same install issue:

C:\Program Files\VP suite 3.4\lib\vpplatform.jar
Could not create this file. Shall I try again?

Clicking “Yes” produces the same error again. “No” fails the installation. Note that this is Version 3.4 installing on Vista running as the admin.

Hi user,

Thanks for your post. Your installer should be corrupted, please download the software installer from the following link and try again.

http://www.visual-paradigm.com/downloads/vpsuite/VP_Suite_Windows.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I’ve got an academic license for VP for UML 6.4 (if I remember correctly its part of Suite 3.4)

I’ve got the mac version installed on my laptop but need to get the windows version. Unfortunately there’s no simple way of accessing previous versions of your programs.

Can you tell me where I can get it? VP Suite 3.4 or any other that has Visual Paradigm for UML 6.4

Thank you

Hi Marcos Ramos,

Thanks for your post. Installer of older version is available for existing customers and academic partners partners (they can find the installers in their customer account or academic partner account). As I know you submitted the same issue to our online ticket system and this issue is solved.

Please feel free to contact us if there is anything else we can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Installation doesn’t recognise new Netbeans, Apparently

It objects to this path claiming it’s invalid C:\Program Files\NetBeans 6.7.1