Is this a NetBeans issue or a VP-UML problem?

I’m using VP-UML 10’s IDE integration on NetBeans 7.2 with Java SE 6u34 on Windows 7 Professional, localized (non-English) version.

Previously (using VP-SDE NB) the environment would always keep track of which windows I kept open every time I started the plugin. So, to illustrate: instead of leaving all VP-UML windows open I only keep the diagram navigator and model explorer open in the lower left part of the screen while I keep the properties window collapsed at the right side of the screen.

Every time I started the VP-SDE plugin these specific windows would be restored on the exact locations where I left them.

However, in the current situation all the plugin windows get opened every time I fire up the IDE integration part. Which makes it a little hard to use because I always have to start re-arranging all the windows before I can continue.

My question: What could be causing this? I’m not sure if this a bug with the NetBeans environment or something which could be caused by VP-UML’s IDE integration part. Could you shed some light on this so that I know where I can file a bug report?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Peter,

Actually this problem is fixed (see http://forums.visual-paradigm.com/posts/list/292517.html) and please update to latest patch build to get the fix.

Best regards,
Rain Wong

1 Like

Apologies; stupid me for totally overlooking that post…

Thanks very much for the quick response, I’m going to give this a try right away and will let you know how it worked out.

Hi Peter,

Nevermind. Feel free to post again if you have any questions.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung