Lack of identifiers - baby toy but not development tool

Hi Jick,
I’m in serious trouble.
For some month ago I’ve discussed with visual-paradigm support a topic about model identifiers, which demands by BPMN specification. I have also posted some articles at this forum. It was promised to develop automatic identifying system plus possibility for free choice of identifiers with uniqueness check.
I have believed in your promises and continued to work on my projects. Now one of my projects was grown up for more than 600 models and becomes unusable because of lack of model identifiers. I have been forced by my customers to find a solution or changed out the application (BPVA). It’s a great job to move manually the whole system to different application and I can easily loose my customers.
The lack of identifiers makes BPVA just an amazing baby toy but not serious development tool.
I just wonder how such good organized firm as Visual paradigm can ignore BPMI specifications.
If your developers have a problem to develop this functionality you should not confuse your customers by shallow promises. :evil: :evil: :frowning:

Hi Mark,

We are going to support automatic ID generation for business modeling objects in the coming version. I saw you replied the following message:
http://forums.visual-paradigm.com/posts/list/1674.html

so I guess you knew this already. Do you have any comment about the ID generation feature? If this is not what you need, please feel free to let us know. We will be more than happy to listen to your feedback.

Finally, I would like to clarify that we never confuse our customers by shallow promises. All our customers’ feedback are treated seriously. In fact, many of our features are requested/suggested by our customers, like the ID generation feature this time. If you find that you have made a request of functionality before but is still not available in the tool, could you bring me to your original post? As far as I could remember, your request should be already on our To-DO list.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
I know that Visual Paradigm is a serious and well organized enterprise, that’s why I use my time for discussion and feed back reactions.
I think you should react quicker for customer’s requests especially in a case of incompatibility with specifications.
An inadequate style of my posts to the forum was provoked by you, Jick because every time the visitors of the forum came with proposition, you recommended usage of documentation field, which far from satisfied solution.
I admire Visual Paradigm for its well formed products, intelligent and customer oriented marketing, clear strategic lines. On the other hand as more I have been working with VP products, as more needs it was found.
I have some ideas about improving your products and if you don’t push me away you will get really valuable feed back.
Best regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

We are thankful for you for giving us so many valuable feedbacks. We know we still have a lot that we can improve on, and your comment is certainly very important to us. We are open for any request and suggestion, please do not hesitate to share your thoughts with us. We will be more than happy to listen to your feedbacks. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

May I have your email address? I would like to open tickets for you so that we can discuss in detail all the features you requested so far.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,
I have already had some debates with your support (Rain Wong) but it is unclear for me VP’s intern structure and communications channels and how your function and Rain Wong’s function hang together. If you like we can discuss independently from Rain Wong but it possible some duplicates. I have begged Rain Wong to forward my e–mail address to you and it is up to you how to proceed our discussion.
Regards
Mark
PS. In connection with security reasons (unwonted mails, spam so on) I would like to avoid publishing my address on the forum.

Hi Mark,

That’s great. I think Rain Wong and the rest of our team will take care of your requests. Do you have any comments about the progress? If there is anything that I could help, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
Jick