New Glossary Edit Option - "Link to Glossary Entry"

Strong suggestion for Glossary improvement.

Add a new icon to your Edit Options “Link to Glossary Entry”

Example: I have a term in my current Project called BLOCK CONFIRMATION RECORD, which is fully explained in the glossary entry with the same title. However, throughout the project (including other entries in the Glossary) I may use variants and abbreviations to make the text readable. Sometimes I’ll use the plural. Most of the time I use an abbreviation BCR or its plural BCRs.

One of the most useful features with VP is it’s automatic linking of such references PROVIDING THEY HAVE AN ENTRY IN THE GLOSSARY. Which, by default, of course, variants don’t. So I twigged that I have to add BCR, BCRs and BLOCK CONFIRMATION RECORDS to the glossary in order for them to be linked.

But of course I don’t want to repeat the explanation already in the original to all of those variants. So I have to write in each variant “See BLOCK CONFIRMATION RECORD”

But a) that is clumsy for me as the designer and b) it is clumsy for the user who might be viewing my design.

It would be much better for all concerned if the suggested edit option allowed me to add a variant, click the “Link to Glossary” icon and select the “master” entry which the variant should automatically link to.

Can do?

If so, when?

Amend or Delete Glossary Labels