New Web Design

First off, I’d like to say that in general, the new website design is well done. I really enjoy the change. There are some websites whose changes diminish the usability of their sites but yours does not at all and it’s quite clear that your designers take usability and user experience into consideration. Great work!

However, one suggestion I have is to allow the user to expand all the edition comparison items with a single click. Sometimes, I want to see what is supported at a quick glance rather than have to think about which category I’d have to expand.

I also noticed the demos now have background music. How cute. One minor suggestion I have here is to have a natural voice over rather than a synthesised one. I would also provide an option to mute only the music just in case it’s not enjoyable to all users.

Hi D6chung,

Thank you! Thank you very much for your feedback and kind suggestions!! :smiley:

I’ve told our website designers and engineers your suggestions and they are working on them. But for the synthesised voice issue, we are sorry that we are not native speakers so we use the synthesised one at the moment. We will consider to use human voice in demos.

BTW, I just sent you an email from our online ticket system, would you mind to take a look and reply us? Thanks!
If you cannot find my email, it’s possible that your email program are preventing our email from being delivered to you. Please try to find it from your junk or trash box.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi D6chung,

I would like to let you know that we enhanced to the new website so you can expand/collapse the features in edition comparison by one click.

Also, in regard to your suggestion to have mute option for background music, we would like to change to faded background music during the synthesised voice. Could you please listen to the following sample feature demo and tell me your feeling? Thanks in advance!

[http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200908/Sample_001_Use_Case_Diagram/001 - Use Case Diagram.html](http://files4.visual-paradigm.com/200908/Sample_001_Use_Case_Diagram/001 - Use Case Diagram.html)

Look forward to hearing your response.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I’m amazed at how quickly you take action on feedback! All the more reason why I wholeheartedly support your software!

Indeed, the reduced background music during the voice over is an improvement in that the voice no longer clashes with the music. My feeling about the synthesised voice and the presence of the music remains the same. What came to mind while I was watching were subtitles. It would be great to have subtitles for situations wear audio is not possible (ie, in a loud environment, no headphones, etc).

Hi D6chung,

Thanks for replying. We will enhance to have mute for background music and keep you informed for any news on this issue.

About the subtitles during demo, what do you think about the subtitles in the following demo?
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/trainingcenter/demo.jsp

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I think the subtitles in that demo are excellent!

Hi D6chung,

Thanks for replying. I checked with our engineers that it’s quite difficult to insert such subtitles to the feature demos, but we will try our best to study this. If there is any feedback from our engineers, I’ll let you know.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi there!

I’d like to jump on the compliments bandwagon too and compliment you guys as well with the new website design. It really looks very professional and is a lot easier to navigate. Personally I really enjoy the ease of use these days, especially when it comes to grabbing the latest update and checking out all the newly available options.

But… I’d like to add an example too; since some time now I’m one of the operators of the #netbeans IRC channel on FreeNode (and quite proud of that too, thats why I just mentioned it ;-)). Every now and then we get people asking about UML, because of the NB UML plugin, and ever since I discovered VP’s SDE product I always mention VP’s SDE (heck; even the official plugin webpage does :wink: ). Just to place this into proper context: the main reason I’m doing so is because of your community version. People can use your product without having to pay, otherwise I’d personally consider it close to spamming and I have a big disdain for that.

Although it doesn’t happen very often I did notice a change in response. On your old website I used to get some private messages asking me where this “version comparison” section was (since I have a modeler license and still loving it, I do point out the other available options). But ever since you changed the layout of the website this no longer happens. Do place this comment in the right perspective: I’m talking 2 out of 3 people earlier this year who asked about this, and 2 out of 2 who didn’t. Our channel is being visited pretty well, but UML is a topic which gets mentioned every now and then. Though I have to admit that I can’t help myself announcing the news whenever you guys release a new version :wink:

SO; big kudo’s to you guys. Its really refreshing to see how you guys not only actively keep SDE alive through the regular updates, but also pay some attention to the website as well.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your encouraging feedback to our website!! :smiley:

BTW, we keep enhancing our website to add more feature demos and tutorials. We also added some more feature demos to SDE for NetBeans page ( http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/sde/nb/provides/ ). Hope these can help you familiar with our product!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong