Object DataBase in Visual Paradigm

Hi!
Can I make Diagram for object-oriented database? Is Visual Paradigm supported OO-database?

I can’t choose object type (Class) for column type in Column Specification of the Entity Specification :frowning:

Hi Vinger4,

Thanks for your posts. Do you mean reverse object-oriented database to ERD? If yes, we are sorry that we do not support this.

For selecting class as type of column, please synchronize your ERD to class diagram first, then select the class as type of attribute on the ORM Persistable class. For more details about synchronization between ERD and class diagram, please visit:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/product/vpuml/provides/dbmodeling.jsp#syncorm

• Please be reminded that synchronize ERD and class diagram is available in DB Visual Architect (DB-VA) and Professional Edition or above of Visual Paradigm for UML (VP-UML)/Smart Development Environment (SDE).

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi, Lilian!
What I did:

1. synchronize my ERD to class diagram
  2. select the class as type of attribute on the ORM Persistable class
  3. synchronize my class diagram to ERD
    Is step 3) true? In this case I got type of column “number(10)”, not OO-type…

Hi Vinger4,

Thanks for replying. Could you please tell me what database you are using?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Oracle 10.2

I can make object type in Oracle: “create or replace type MY_TYPE as object ( ) not final”

Hi Vinger4,

Thanks for replying. I’ve forwarded this issue to our engineers to investigate the feasibility to support “MYTYPE” for Oracle. I’ll let you know if there is any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Vinger4,

For using your own object type, please

1. specify your Oracle user type in User Type field of Column Specification dialog
  2. create a <> Class on class diagram (you can refer to the attached image for how to create ORM User Type class)
  3. specify the type of attribute to the user type
  4. generate and implement the user type. For more details, please visit:
    https://www.hibernate.org/261.html

Hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can do to help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

select_orm_user_type_class.png

No, I can’t choose object type (ORM-User-Type Class) for column type in Column Specification of the Entity Specification after Synchronize from Classes to Entities. Why?

Hi Vinger4,

Thanks for replying. You do not need to choose the <> on type of column of entity, you just need to enter the user type (e.g. MYTYPE") on “User Type” field in Column Specification dialog (please see attached image).
Attached you can also find a sample project with <>, and illustrates how to specify your own user type on column of entity as well as on class attribute. You can refer to it.

Hope these help. Please feel free to ask if there is anything I can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

enter_user_type_for_colume.png

Thanks, It’s works. But after generate database in *.ddl file I can’t see string like “CREATE TYPE my_type…”. Why?

Best Regads,
Eugeny

Hi Eugeny,

Thanks for replying. The ORM User Type Class is for mapping the user type with columns of entity but not an actual class to be created in database. You can refer to the attached PDF of how to user ORM User Type Class, hope this helps. Please feel free to contact me if there is anything I can help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong
user_type.pdf