Report Writer: Sequence Diagram

Hi,
I have a sequence diagram and I want to generate my document with report writer.
I write a small document with some questions.
I attach the project.vpp

Thanks, Anna
tableProject_3.vpp
activityDiagram.doc

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your post, but your document is not talking about the sequence diagram but the problem we’ve discussed in the online ticket system. Would it be you attached the wrong document?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

sorry Lilian,
I wrong to upload the document!!

Sorry :slight_smile:
sequenceDiagram.doc

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your message. Seems you are using your own template in Report Writer, could you please attach the template (and report template if any) so that we can repeat your problem? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I upload my template.
I select the use case diagram in the tebleProject_3.vpp and then I select the template CreateIndex_ph1.xml
In this template I included some templates.
For this question the templates are
SummaryAllElement_ph1.xml
SummarySequenceDiagram_ph1.xml

I have not included the other templates because they are not important for this problem.

Thanks, Anna
CreateIndex_ph1.xml
SummaryAllElement_ph1.xml

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your files. I’ve forwarded the issue to our engineers to follow-up, and will come back to you asap.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I have another question.
I have my sequence diagram with the message’s list and I want to wrinte only the message’s list order by sequenceNumber in my document

i.e:

Sequence Diagram: test

Messages List (with all messages!!):

1: message_1 ( Actor —> LifeLine_A)
2: message_2 ( LifeLine_A —> LifeLine_B)
3:

7:message_end (Actor —> LifeLine_B)

How can I create this list ?

Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your query, I’ve forwarded this to our engineers to follow-up as well.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
I’m sorry and I can imagine that you have a lot of work, but I just wanted to tell you that are awaiting a response…

Thanks, Anna

Hi Anna,

I’m sorry for the delay. About the issues you posted on 2009/03/24 17:12:

1. Why there are not Messages List for Actor element?
    The problem is that in Report Writer, modelType of Actor in Sequence Diagram is not “InteractionLifeline” but “InteractionActor”. You can change the @elementType=“InteractionLifeLine” to:
    @elementTypes=“InteractionLifeLine, InteractionActor”

2. I want to order these messages by sequence Number
    (this is the same issue about sorting messages by sequence number that you posted on 2009/03/25 08:35)
    We are sorry that currently this is not supported, but I’ve fired a feature request to our engineer to study the possibility on support this. I’ll keep you informed for any news on this issue.

3. I only want to list the messages that is “from” the lifeline
    We added the property “relationshipEndDirection” but there is a minor bug found. I’ll come back to you with a patch once it’s ready. Sorry for keep you waiting.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Ok Lilian I’ll wait :slight_smile:

For the step 3)
you can add the code/property to generate
A) The list the messages that is “from” the lifeline

AND

B)The list the messages that is “To” the lifeline

Thanks very much, Anna

Hi Anna,

Foe issue 3, please find the latest build from below link.

http://files2.visual-paradigm.com/200904/Patch/sp2_20090312t/VP_Suite_Windows_3_4_sp2_20090312t.exe

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi Lilian,
thanks!

Could you insert a small example (code xml) , so it is easier for me to work?

thanks, thanks very much!

Hi Anna,

Please find the attached sample XML (this template involves the modification on issue 1 - @elementTypes=“InteractionLifeLine, InteractionActor” and issue 3 - @property=“relationshipEndDirection”).
And the attached image gives some more information on issue 3. Hope these help.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

relationshipEndDirection.png

Hi Lilian,
thanks for your help!
Now, It’s ok but I have another request: I want to add in my list message the “message Lost”.
I attach the document,the project and the template (VP Suite 3.4\resources\Report\Default\InteractionLifeLine\Copy (2) of MessageEngineering_PH0.xml)

Thanks, Anna
Copy (2) of MessageEngineering_PH0.xml

Hi Anna,

Thanks for your message and the details. What you got is correct since in your template:

<ValueConditionChecker property="relationshipEndDirection" operator="NOT EQUALS" value="from">

This means you want the messages are To LifeLine_A, but the message “message_lost” is From LifeLine_A.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

Hi,
I’m sorry, but I have another request about sequence diagram.
I attach the project.vpp and the document word with detail

Thanks, Anna
SDOrder.doc
tableProject_SD.vpp

Hi Anna,

As I mentioned before (please read my post on 2009/03/31 18:52), at the moment we do not support sorting the messages by the sequence number. Our engineers are studying on this issue and I’ll keep you informed for any news on this issue.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong

I Lilian,
the code

writes the messages that They are To LifeLine_A, but I add to these messages ONLY “message_Lost” and I don’t want to add all messages that are From LifeLine_A.

Thank, Anna

Hi Anna,

Do you mean you add this code since you want to show “9:message_lost” ONLY in the document?

Best regards,
Lilian Wong