Resolved? - SysML BDD to IBD Relationship

Hello!

has this issue SysML BDD to IBD Relationship been resolved?
Maybe I’'m still not experienced enough to use VP, but I encountered the same issue: If a block possesses ports, the respective part property does not show these ports and I haven’t found out how to visualize them.

There is a second little issue I have with ports: If I attach flow ports to block “A” and this block is a generalization of block “B”, block “B” does not list these ports at all (the ports are public).

I would be grateful for any advice on my two little problems!

Thanks in advance and best wishes,

Sophie

Hi Sophie,

Thank you for your suggestion. I have asked our development team to take a look at your post and the post you included. When there is any update, I will share with you.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hello Jick,

thank you for looking into that issue!

Best wishes, Sophie

Hi,

1. Regarding you first issue I do not get it. Do you mean that if a block possess a port, than IBD representing that block doesn’t show the port?
    If that’s the case that it can be done, but still it’s unfortunately a manual work:
  2. To be honest I thought that it works… I was sure that it is only related due to presentation options (right click on the element). I was seeing in compartment notation the Rocket i/f and RocketFuel, then I clicked Hide all compartmnets in presentation options and those properties disappered…:
    obraz

I wasn’t able to bring them back. What I am more concerened is that I cannot find those in Specification of the SpecificRocket… Also it seems that they left attributes in the specification of a block (it should be part property):

Best,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

As I know, our team is now working on improving our SysML support, following the recent suggestions and questions. When there is any news, I will post here.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Sophie and Pawel,

I am glad to inform you that an enhancement has been made to our SysML support. By updating to the latest patch build (build 16_3_20210810aj or higher), you can re-use the properties in an IBD from its parent block. The steps below show how it works:

1. Here is a BDD:

2. Open its IBD. Right-click on the diagram background and select Show Properties of Car from the popup menu.

3. Select the property(ies) to visualize on the diagram.

4. Click OK. The selected items will be shown on the diagram.

The following article shows you how to update to the latest patch build:

As I know, some enhancements have been made recently and some will be reviewed. I will post again when changes are ready.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Thanks a lot for the answers and the help!

Best wishes, Sophie

Hi,

1. This may helped for the first of Sophies issue, but I am not sure how that helped for a second one:

There is a second little issue I have with ports: If I attach flow ports to block “A” and this block is a generalization of block “B”, block “B” does not list these ports at all (the ports are public).

If I make a SpecializedCar from Car I still don’t see inherited part propierties.
If I could see them then how to redefine them?

1. Only part properties can be added by this enhacement. What about reference properties, port properties?

2. BTW where are ports properties of a Block:
    obraz

3. It would be great if you could drag a block from the Model Explorer to an ibd diagram, and then this “Select Properties” would pop-up. If it could also and ports to that diagram that would be the great.

Best,
Paweł

Hi Pawel,

Let me check with our developers first. I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Pawel,

To show the inherited parts, please read the steps below.

1. Set the visibility of the part(s) to public.

2. Set the specialized car to show inherited parts:

3. In the sub-IBD of SPecializedCar, right click on the background of the diagram and select Show Properties of SpecialziedCar…

4. Select the properties to visualize on the diagram.

Done.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

For the other requested items:

An enhancement has been made. You can use the following menus in the latest patch build.

This is supported in the latest patch build:

Not yet supported. We will support it later.