SeqDiagram: Moving all message further down?

Hi there,

Having created a nice sequence diagram, I suddenly realise I need to insert additional message somewhere in the middle. Hence, I want to move all the messages below this point some inches down. However, I don’t see how this is possible besides doing it manually for each and every message, starting from the bottom and then working my way up.
This is cumbersome and tedious :o) Is there a way to do this?

Regards,
Martin Egholm

We too are running into this same problem. We have existing sequence diagrams that need modifications. The only way to create space in the middle of a seq diagram is to tediously move individually all the elements below. Picking up an object’s lifeline context helps somewhat, since all the incoming and outgoing messages from that context move as a unit, but dependent lifelines do not move as well.

Cheers,
Brian

Anonymous makes it harder to reply to me. Now I’m registered and I should be able to find replies on this thread more easily.

Cheers,
Brian

Dear blove,

In the 5.0 version, we have introduced a sweeper in the sequence diagram which can sweep the messages in vertical direction and sweep the objects in horizontal directions. This feature can help to move the messages downwards and creating space for inserting messages. For more information, please visit the Early Access forum at
http://forums.visual-paradigm.com/posts/list/850.html

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us again.

Best regards,
Rain