Subversion problem: cannot export svn://taserverlx/

I’m evaluating VP Enterprise, and I already have a Subversion server, but I’m not able to get anything out of the Teamwork Client in Visual Paradigm.

I can login in the Subversion server and check in and out projects, but then I cannot update or commit. It complains “cannot export svn://taserverlx/progettazione/prova UML/Anagrafe Edilizia v 1861”.

The help pages always show a http:// Subversion server, whereas we have a svn:// one. Maybe this is a problem?

Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Vito Meuli

hello Vito,

Sorry about the problem. Could you show me a screenshot of the Help page?

Best regards,
Jick

You’re right, it was not in the help, but in a web pages about highlights:

One of the images are attached.

In the user manual (PDF) the screenshots are different, and don’t let you read if it is a http:// or a svn:// Subversion server.

Regards,
Vito

subversion_integration_7.png

Hello Vito,

We recently fixed a problem which seems to be what you are experiencing. Could you download and try with the following patch?
http://files3.visual-paradigm.com/200705/Patch/sp2_20070511t/vpplatform.jar

To install the patch:

1. Shutdown any running instances of VP
  2. Replace $vp-suite-install-dir/lib/vpplatform.jar with the downloaded jar file
  3. Run $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/VP Suite.exe to install the patch
  4. Restart the application

Note:

1. If you are going to download with Internet Explorer, you may need to rename the file from .zip to .jar manually
  2. Please do not run Product Update after applying the patch. Otherwise the update will replace the patch with the previous version (I will inform you to run the update when the next release is ready)

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Jick.
unfortunately there was only a light improvement with your patch.

The update still refuses to work, complainig as before.

The commit now opens a progress window, but it hangs pretending to progress… :slight_smile:
I stopped it after 10 minutes without anything changed.

The only thing that works is import and initial checkout.

I tryied it on a Linux installation (RedHat Enterprise linux AS 4) and a Windows XP installation. Everything is the same.

Subversion is version 1.3.0 on the server and on every client.
The Java Virtual Machine on the clients (where I installed Visual Paradigm UML) is version 1.5.0_07.

Any ideas?

Regards
Vito

schermataVisualParadigm.png

Hi Vito,

Thank you for your reply. Could you post your log file here? You can find the vp.log file at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin

Meanwhile, I will discuss your case with our engineers.

Best regards,
Jick

These are all the logfiles i can found.

Good luck! :slight_smile:
Joking of course, keep doing the good work.

Regards,
Vito
vp.log

Hello Vito,

Thanks for your reply. Wow, the log are too big. Would you mind deleting them and then reproduce the problem to obtain a log file that is smaller in size? Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Jick

This is a new log written from this morning on.
I reproduced the two typical errors: a neverending commit, and a failed update.

Regards,
Vito
vp.log

Dear Vito,

Thanks a lot. I will talk to our engineers again about your case. One final question: Which version of SVN server are you using?

Best regards,
Jick

The SVN version is 1.3.0 (r17949)

This is what I use on the server:

[mapserver@taserverlx ~]$ svn --version
svn, versione 1.3.0 (r17949)
compilato Jan 20 2006, 14:54:30

Copyright © 2000-2004 CollabNet.
Subversion è un software open source, vedi http://subversion.tigris.org/
Questo prodotto include software sviluppato da CollabNet (http://www.Collab.Net/).

On the client… it is the same.

good luck!
Vito

Thanks Vito. I will talk to our engineers in further.

Bye now.

Hello Vito,

Do you have a Windows machine that can run VP and can connect to the server? If possible, we would like to hold an online meeting with you to take a look at this problem. However, the meeting software supports only Windows OS.

Best regards,
Jick

Yes, I have a Windows machine with Visual Paradigm installed.
I can manage to be free at 14:00 today, local time (Italy).

I think is is 18:00 at your place, isn’t it?
Now here it is 9:00.

Let me know wich kind of messenger to use. At the moment I have a Yahoo account and a Skype one.

Vito

Hello Vito,

It is now 16:12 in Hong Kong. Let’s have a meeting at 14:00, your time. Is it ok? You no need to install any application for the meeting beforehand. I will send you the information at that time. (Of course, I suppose you have installed VP-UML ;-))

Best regards,
Jick

Fine.
I will definitely be there.

14:00 Italian time should be 20:00 Hong Kong time.
It’s better to read and write, and not to speak, as long as my spoken English is not so good.

See you later.
Vito

[quote=Jick]Hello Vito,

It is now 16:12 in Hong Kong. Let’s have a meeting at 14:00, your time. Is it ok? You no need to install any application for the meeting beforehand. I will send you the information at that time. (Of course, I suppose you have installed VP-UML ;-))

Best regards,
Jick[/quote]

Thanks Vito. No problem. See you later.

Well, I’m here :slight_smile:

Vito

Hello Vito,

Please check your email box. I have sent you a message.

Best regards,
Jick

Yes, the message has arrived.