Suggestion for your "Adoption Roadmap"

Hello VP team!

I was going over your website, and ended up on the products page where you also have a link to the VP “production adoption roadmap”. Since I noticed this PDF for the first time I decided to take a peek and I noticed that some information in it seems a little outdated even though it covers the 4.1 suite.

When looking particularly at my favorite product (which is SDE for NetBeans) I noticed that it addresses a rather old version (“4.0 or above (5.0 ready)”, while your product is actually good for 6.7 and already 6.8 ready!).

Now, I also try to keep up (to some degree at least) with other IDE’s and noticed that the same applies to other IDE’s as well. So, maybe this will help you, maybe not, but I took the liberty of putting together a list of the version mentioned in the PDF and the current available version. I can imagine that keeping a complex product like your VP Suite up to date and also supporting it can be quite time consuming, so I hope that this list might help you save some time…

Eclipse 3 or above - seems quite up to date, afaik 3.5 is the current release.
IntelliJ IDEA 4 or above (7.0 ready) - the current IDEA version is 8.1, so I’d really get rid of “7.0 ready”.
NetBeans 4.0 or above (5.0 ready) - the current version is 6.7.1, the upcoming version is 6.8. I’d replace 5.0 with 6.8.

And there you have it. I’m well aware that SDE also supports Visual Studio .NET but to be very honest I don’t keep up with that at all and since its MS I’m assuming their updates don’t get released as often as the three above.

Hope this is helpfull.

Hi Peter,

Thanks so much for your post and it does remind us to update our website! Our engineers will update the website soon.

Best regards,
Lilian Wong