VP_CE_16.2 start crash

my program crashed at startup, the version I use is 'VP_CE_16.2 ’
I tried different versions and they all crashed, only the commercial version I can use normally

this is report:

Hi Eren,

I have forwarded your case to our engineers to study. When there is any update I will post here.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Eren

Could you try starting Visual Paradigm by running ${vp-install-dir}/Application/scripts/VisualParadigm.sh and let me know if it works?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

I tried it, it worked and it can run normally, I can only run normally through the script

but there are still abnormal prompts

my system version: macOS MoJave 10.14.6 (18G6020)

It may be a problem caused by my system. :expressionless:
In any case, thank u for allowing me to use it normally :rose:

Hi Eren,

Thank you and I am going to share your reply with our engineers.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Eren,

I am glad to inform you that the issue has been fixed and we have produced a patch build that contains the fix. You can find the new installer from the folder below:

Thank you for letting us know about the problem.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Dear Jick,

I am facing the same problem with start crash on macOs 10.14.6 (18G1012). Is there any patch I can install to fix this issue? Thank you very much!!!

Hi Ada,

Thank you for your post. The fix we made in October is already included in our monthly hotfix release. If you are using an old build, please update the installation. You can read the page below for instruction:

If your installation is recently downloaded, please let me know. It’s probably another problem.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

So sorry to tell you that my installation is recently download.
I wish to attach the bug report but it said that I am new user, don’t allow me to upload. If you need, I can email the bug report to you if you give an email address to me. Thanks a lot!!!

Hi Ada,

Please upload to the following folder:

Password: 24nids899sdnkgfb

Note: Only Visual Paradigm staff can access the uploaded file(s).

Please let me know when you have uploaded.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi. I have uploaded the bug report ( VP_Bug.rtf). Please take a look. Thanks!

Hi Ada,

We have received your file and have forwarded it to our engineers to study. When there is any news, I will let you know. Have a nice weekend!

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi Ada,

Could you try to run Visual Paradigm by running Application\scripts\VisualParadigm.sh to see if it works?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

1 Like

Hi racemus,

Thank you for your post and sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have forwarded your case to our engineers to study. When there is any news, I will let you know.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi racemus,

Could you try to star Visual Paradigm by running:
Application\scriptsVisualParadigm.sh

Please let me know if it works.

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

I’ve tried already. It asked me to install JDK, but it won’t start with JDK too. It just stuck with loading window.
I ran this script
/Applications/Visual Paradigm.app/Contents/Resources/app/scripts/VisualParadigm.sh

Hi racemus,

Could you download the one below and reinstall? It contains JRE
https://www.visual-paradigm.com/downloads/vpce/Visual_Paradigm_CE_OSX_WithJRE.dmg

Best regards,
Jick Yenug

I’ve already have it installed

Hi racemus,

The one I just provided includes a JRE we tested working fine. It is different from the ones that you can download from our Download page. Do you mean you have already downloaded and installed it? What is the result? If the problem persists, could you look into the bin folder, and see if there is any log file(s) being produced? If yes, could you send me the file(s)?

Best regards,
Jick Yeung

Hi racemus,

Yes, I meant Java version. The problem is a system/JRE problem. Therefore, we are unable to identify the root cause and are unable to tell which version will work. Sorry about this. Since there are various JDK vendors, there may be a chance that the problem has already been solved by another JDK vendor, or another version of the same JDK. Best regards,
Jick Yeung