VP-UML CE Multilanguage : French?

Hi,

All is in the title.

How to add french user language.
The ADD button (Tools>Option>General>Appareance>User language) search a file, but where and how find this file.

Thanks

Hi LeJP,

Please find attached our French translation file. The translation was contributed by a volunteer. It is not 100% complete. I hope you will find it useful. To use the translation file, press ‘Add’ from the User Langauge page and apply the attached file to it.

Best Regards,
Jick
French-20051116a.lng

Many thanks, but it’s not really good.
After add, I can’t select the new language (I don’t see the new language in the list).
But the new file is in the “UserLanguage” directory.

Perhaps mistakes in the source file (There was tags after tag, I have moved this last tag, but it’s the same thing).

I can make a file for translation in french, but is there an “how-to” to do it ?

Excuse my English :? (you understand why I want a file with french translation :wink: )

Thanks

Excuse me, i don’t see that I’m not log in in the previous message.

Hi JeanPierre,

The language file do not have any problem. Please download it and try again. You should see a new row “French” added to the list of available languages. Please read the attached image for more information.

I can make a file for translation in french, but is there an “how-to” to do it ?

Thank you for your interest. I will provide you with more information shortly.

Best Regards,
Jick

french_translation.png

Hi Jick,

I have exactly the same problem as Jean-Pierre. The French.lng translation file seems correct, it is well present in the UserLanguage directory but … no French row.

I use VP-UML 5.2 (Build sp2_20060506) for Community Edition on WinXPsp2.

Thanks for your help.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Please check the ‘French’ row, click OK to apply the changes and restart the tool. The changes should then take effect.

By the way, build sp2_20060506 is quite an old release. I would recommend you perform an update to advance to our latest build. You can update by running the updater inside $vp-suite-intallation-dir/bin

Finally, we will release a new version in the next week. I hope you will give it a try, and share your comment with us.

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi Jick,

I have just updated to build 20060611 but I still don’t see the “French” row in the table. So I can’t select it…

I will try to re-install VP-UML.

Thanks.

Eric

Hi Eric,

Any good news? If the problem persists, I would suggest you try the new version. You can download it from the download page at:
http://www.visual-paradigm.com/download/download.jsp?product=vpsuite

Best Regards,
Jick

Hi, i’m a french user of VP community edition 5.3 and i’d like to use the french translation, but i experience the same issue as previous potsers: the “french” row does not appear in the “user language” table.

I’ve tryied using the “add” button, selecting “French-20051116a.lng” and then applying modification and restarting VP.

Thanks if you can help.

Julien

Hi Julien,

May I take a look at your log file? You can locate it at $vp-suite-install-dir/bin/vp.log

Best regards,
Jick

yes, of course, here it is.
vp.log

Hi Julien,

Thank you for the log file. There are some problems when loading the language file. I will discuss with our engineers and get back to you as soon as I can.

Best regards,
Jick

Hi Julien,
hi everybody in France,

I made some changes to the language file and tested it successfully here in my environment. Please see the screenshot attached.

I also attach the changed language file. Please let me know if it works.
We will be happy to work with you together to get a better translation done.

Thanks and best regards
Juergen
French-20051116b.lng

Hi,

I just tested your file, but it didn’t fix the issue.
However, I had a closer look at the file, and I guessed there were some unecessary tags at the end of it (after tag).
So I deleted it, and now it’s working nice.

I can try to complete the translation if you want (not sure i can have it 100% completed).

Here’s the file I get:

Julien
French-20051116b.lng

Thanks Julien.
This was exactly what I did - seems I attached the wrong file.
It would be nice to have a cleaner language file for French users.
Before you start - let’s coordinate with development. We did the German translation some weeks ago and maybe you can benefit from our experiences.
Maybe you can send me your email address via private message?
Thanks and best regards
Juergen

Hi

I’ve got exactly the same problems has you have all. I try different approach to solve it until I check carefully the syntax of the XML language file.

XML is very strick on its syntax. An open brace must have an end one. No Special caracter like accent, etc.

After I removed extra braces at the end, everything work fine.

Hope this gonna help someone.

Daniel

Hello Daniel,

Would you mind sending me your file? The file we have on hand do not have this problem. This is my email address:
jick@visual-paradigm.com

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Jick

Hello

When I try to add a file of Lang nothing does not do :frowning: , the file is well in the repertory of visual but I cannot the select this :cry: .

Thank you for your answer

(Excuse me for my english but i’ m french user)

Jick

I used the Julien’s file as posted in this forum as of sept 25th 2006. I’m not surprised seeing other people having problems with this files.

This files contains extra tag past the closing end of the userLanguage tag :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

When it’s done, just type normally in french, ie with the accent, like Modèle, État-transition, etc.

Regards

Daniel

PS: I’m using VP-UML v6.0 build 20070106