VPository users as model elements

We are using Visual Paradigm with several VPository projects for our customers. I notice now that all VPository users are listed as elements under each VP project, regardless if they are a member of that specific project. The elements are listed under the root of each project but I am not able to perform any actions on them.

Would it be possible to remove these ‘fake’ elements? Problem is that employees from one customer now appear in the model structure of the project of another customer which is undesirable from privacy point of view.

Could you be a little more specific? What kind of VP projects are we talking about? I tried to reproduce these issues using my environment (there’s only 1 extra user associated with my VPository) but they’re not showing up within my VP projects. So either I’m overlooking something here (I can’t rule this out, VP is a very extensive environment afterall) or something else is going on.

I sent a screenshot to the support department yesterday, hopefully that will help clarify the issue. It is not easy to explain just in text. If it helps, I have also an anonymized project example which I needed for another forum topic. But I’ll try to explain a little better.

We have for example 3 projects:

• Project A
  • Project B
  • Project C

And 5 users:

• User 1 - member of project A
  • User 2 - member of project B
  • User 3 - member of project C
  • User 4 - member of projects A and B
  • User 5 - member of projects B and C

When I open the model structure of project C, I find under the project root elements with a person icon for all 5 users. I’m not sure how to use these elements at all, but the main issue is that I see users 1, 2 and 4 here as well, who are no part of this project. I’m not able to remove them or anything, it is not possible to perform any (right mouse click) actions on these elements.

Yeah, that is probably best. I can definitely understand that it can be tricky to explain, also because you definitely don’t want to risk sharing too much details due to privacy concerns.

Thanks for your explanation though. As said I tried to reproduce but so far couldn’t manage but that is probably because of the project differences.

Best wait what VP Support has to say about it.

I have now earned the right to upload images, so hereby an anonymized screenshot of the problem I encounter. Have you had a chance to look into the issue? It may seem minor, but we have a few customers that are concerned with privacy, so it may cause them to not allow us to use VP for their projects.

1 Like

Sorry, I missed this post.

The problem was fixed, please try to update to latest patch, those non-project members will be deleted automatically.

1 Like

Unfortunately I still see them. I have installed patch Build 20180330bj

Sorry, let me describe more details on the problem first.

From 15.0, Member model elements are generated from your vpository to you project(s) automatically.

Which is used for:
via ELT table, Member can be assigned as the assignee of a UserStory, or
via UseCase 2.0 wizard, can assign a member to be a project member, or, etc…

However, in the beginning of 15.0, we generated all Members into all Projects.
So that, this is a privacy problem when the vpository involved with different groups of members.

So, in last week, we fixed to generate ‘Project Member’ into corresponding project.
and those non-project-members will be auto deleted.

BTW, you said you still see them, let me re-confirm ,are those non-project-members deleted automatically first.

Sorry, I got mistake.

The fixing was fixed in vpository. But vpository won’t update to patch. So, at this moment, all members are still generated to projects.

I will notify you when vpository is updated in our monthly hotfix. It should be in early April. :pray:

Sorry for late reply.

Our monthly hotfix is released. VPository is updated to build 20180401.
Now, you just need to update your Visual Paradigm to latest hotfix (build: 20180401) or later After you open your project and wait few seconds, the non-ProjectMember(s) will be deleted automatically.

1 Like

Fixed indeed, thanks!

1 Like