Keep links between UML Activity Diagrams

We have bought several Modeler licences after evaluating Visual Paradigm. We could not test the PDF export function because it wasn’t active in the trial version. Nevertheless we expected that links between UML activity diagrams - which work within Visual Paradigm - do also work between PDF documents. To explain this in case this is some how unclear:

A quick search in this forum suggests otherwise - but I want to be sure before we invest more; so I’d be grateful for some insight concerning the following questions:

• Do I need to purchase the “Standard Edition” of Visual Paradigm to get this functionality?
  • Is this functionality incluced in the “Doc Composer”?

I’m not sure I understand the problem. You could not test the PDF export function but you stil expected functionality because… you did test it?

Exporting features are supported in every VP edition, the major difference is that the community version applies watermarking. Ergo I don’t understand the issue at hand.

How did you export your project?

Thanks, the issue has been resolved. It is a question of the licensed edition. We extended our license and do now have access to the needed functionality.

Exporting features are supported in every VP edition, the major difference is that the community version applies watermarking. Ergo I don’t understand the issue at hand

That is not exactly true. The Modeler version does not support the export of Doc Composer and Project Publisher, which is what we needed.

A yes, now I fully understand the problem, and you’re right. I assumed the issue was only about exporting but wasn’t aware you needed doc composition (which is a very powerful function in itself, you can customize anything you need).

Should this happen again (which I doubt, because the Standard Edition is a very complete version) then you can always check the version comparison on the Visual Paradigm website:

Hope this can still help. And good luck with the PDF generation!